TCM Gynaecology has become one of the primary clinical specialities especially among Asian countries. It has significant advantages in treating gynaecological disorders as it is an ancient healing system that has proven to be effective and safe with virtually no adverse side effects.
Scope of treatment
One of TCM’s scope of treatment involve treating all kinds of women’s health. Some of the common conditions/symptoms are as below:
- Menstrual disorders e.g. menstrual pain (dysmenorrhea), heavy and/or prolonged menses (menorrhagia)
- Unable to conceive (Infertility)
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Pre- and post- menopausal symptoms
- Certain causes of miscarriage.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB)
- Lactation insufficiency
- Postpartum fever
- Diseases during pregnancy or after childbirth
- Assisted Reproductive Technology e.g. IVF, IUI
- Postnatal symptoms
Our treatment utilises comprehensive and effective methods such as acupuncture, chinese herbal formulas tailored to different conditions, manipulations, diet modifications and exercise recommendations. Chinese herbs are prescribed to correct underlying imbalances and restore normal organ functions. For instance, it can reduce the pain many women experience during their cycle and stabilize mood swings. Acupuncture can also be an important adjunct therapy to Chinese herbal medicine and can aid the body in realigning energetically.
Length of treatment
The length of TCM gynaecological treatment is determined by the particular disorder of the imbalance and constitution period. Individuals usually notice a change in condition by the second or third treatment, such as improved mental awareness or a change in skin quality.